Maybelline Super Stay 24 Foundation & Concealer - First impressions/Review! - Chloe W♡

Wednesday, 6 April 2016




Two posts in the same afternoon? Crazy! But I thought I'd do a quick first impressions/review on the Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour Foundation and Concealer, I brought these a few days ago and saw it had a new formula and as I needed a new foundation, I grabbed it with somewhat high expectations as I use this brand a lot!




Foundation wise, I've worn this for 2 days now and I have to say I'm not over the moon with it, before I was using the Dream Satin Liquid in Ivory, and so generally I got the same shade with this, but I find it a lot more orange toned and dries really really quickly and makes difficult for blending! I've also noticed it start to go patchy on my cheeks, whereas with other foundations from  Maybelline I don't usually have this problem (I have combination skin if you're wondering!) .

The staying power is pretty good, and although I won't wear it for 24 hours, a 10-12 hour day it seems to stay well despite being a little patchy/dry. The formula definitely fits the saying a little goes a long way, however only provides a medium coverage, so I'd say it would be good to build up in layers. I definitely am going to give this a few more goes wearing although I wish I had purchased a lighter shade, but I'm sure I'll find a way around it! Overall I wouldn't say this foundation is great, nor awful! It's very dependant on the persons skin and preference!

For the concealer I have completely opposite views! So far I am loving it, I have the shade 2/Light, the wand is a slightly elongated angled sponge, a bit like a lip-gloss wand, and the consistency is super creamy and light depending on how much you use. It brightens and covers any skin spots/scars etc. really well! Like the foundation it does also dry quite quickly but if you work quickly with it this is fine. I think this works really well if you only apply a small pump of the foundation for the whole face, then use the concealer to touch up everywhere and complete.

Hope you enjoyed this little post, let me know if you've used any new products that you love or loathe, or even the ones talked about in this post!



2 comments

  1. Great review! I'm sorry to hear it wasn't quite as expected, all these long wear products seem to have the same drying quality, so not so good for winter skin! The concealer sounds super though :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah it's a bummer but it was worth trying it because now I've found a good concealer :D xx

      Love your blog by the way, it's so cute!

      - CW

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Two Chloes, One Blog. Design by Fearne.